Else Marie Pade — First Danish Composer of Electronic and Concrete Music
- A Little Synth History – Tom Oberheim
- Suzanne Ciani — Electronic Musician, Composer, Sound Designer
- Laurie Spiegel — Innovator of Electronic Music
- Top Of The Pops 1977 Synthesizer Special
- Daphne Orem – Oramics: Drawing Music
- Eliane Radigue — musique concrete to ARP and beyond
- Delia Derbyshire — The Sound Behind Dr. Who
- Isao Tomita — Pioneer of Electronic and Space Music
- Else Marie Pade — First Danish Composer of Electronic and Concrete Music
- Wendy Carlos — My Introduction to Electronic Music
- The History Of Electronic Music in Under Twenty-Four Minutes
Danish composer Else Marie Pade was educated as a pianist at the Royal Danish Academy of Music in Copenhagen. She first studied composition with Vagn Holmboe, and later with Jan Maegaard, from whom she learned twelve-tone technique. In 1954, she became the first Danish composer of electronic and concrete music, working with Pierre Schaeffer, Karlheinz Stockhausen and Pierre Boulez.
Born in Aarhus, and frequently bedridden due to kidney disease, Pade listened to the outside world and created “aural pictures” out of the sounds. These sounds later became the basis of her musical compositions.