Histories of the Modular Synthesizer
- A Little Synth History – Tom Oberheim
- Suzanne Ciani — Electronic Musician, Composer, Sound Designer
- Laurie Spiegel — Innovator of Electronic Music
- Top Of The Pops 1977 Synthesizer Special
- Daphne Orem – Oramics: Drawing Music
- Eliane Radigue — musique concrete to ARP and beyond
- Delia Derbyshire — The Sound Behind Dr. Who
- Isao Tomita — Pioneer of Electronic and Space Music
- Else Marie Pade — First Danish Composer of Electronic and Concrete Music
- Wendy Carlos — My Introduction to Electronic Music
- The History Of Electronic Music in Under Twenty-Four Minutes
- Histories of the Modular Synthesizer
- How A Russian Composer And An Australian Inventor Created The Most Iconic Sound In Popular Music
An interesting lecture on synth history from the Melbourne Electronic Sound Studio.
The Melbourne Electronic Sound Studio is a not for profit organization based in Australia. They oversee a collection of over 500 instruments and devices from the whole history of electronic sound and make them available for our members and the public to use. Their YouTube channel is dedicated to giving people access to experiences, knowledge and inspiration that come from engaging with the machines in the collection. The Melbourne Electronic Sound Studio aims to support artists to make new work and help all people engage in making electronic sound and music. They seek to build and maintain the story of electronic music through education, engagement and activity.