Geren’s Kick-In-The-Ass Taco Meat Recipe
On occasion, I cook. On rare occasions, I write about it.
Tonight, we had some ground beef that wanted cooking, so I cooked it into taco meat. Here’s what I did.
- Brown 1lb of lean ground beef in a skillet with a couple teaspoons of oil to reduce stickage. Chop it up small while you’re doing it. I use a plastic pancake turner to break up the beef while it’s browning.
- While the meat is still simmering
- Drain off any fat and oil, and then put the meat back in the pan.
- Dump in an 8oz can of tomato sauce and mix it in to the meat.
- Dump in a packet of McCormick Original Taco Seasoning and mix it into the meat. Don’t bother with the directions on the packet. Just dump it on in there.
- Squish most of the liquid out of half of a small jar of mild salsa (about 8oz) and mix the chunky bits in with the meat.
- Let the whole thing simmer about 10-15 minutes, stirring regularly.
Make tacos and eat. This stuff is good!